EMC were engaged to design, construct and install a 1.6MWp solar facility in combination with a 2.6MWh battery energy storage system capable of diesel functionality to power the CSIRO’s Square Kilometre Array Pathfinder. Once complete, it will be the world’s most powerful radio-telescope system, powered by the most sophisticated solar/storage/diesel energy system in the world.
Location: Murchison, 645km northeast of Perth, Western Australia
- 1.6MWp Solar PV – Over 5,000 solar panels
- 25 MVA microgrid-connected at 6.6 kV, ABB PCS100 Inverter 1.25 MVA
- 6MWh Samsung SDI lithium batteries
- PV central inverters delivered in first of kind EMI shielded containers custom designed and manufactured by EMC in Perth
- Containerised installation, fire suppression/fire rated, centralised HVAC
- EMC designed control system (National Instruments)