EMC was engaged to design and construct solar PV to connect with battery and diesel as part of a microgrid to provide fuel independence and energy savings to the tourist resort.
Customer: Mackerel Islands Corporation
Location: Thevenard Island, offshore from Onslow, 1,300km north of Perth, Western Australia
- 324kW Solar PV (ground mount screwpile)
- 614kWh Sony Lithium iron phosphate (2 x 40ft containers)
- 440kVA Diesel Generation (4 x 110kVA)
- Corrosive location and high wind (CAT-D) region
- EMC fully remote monitored and controlled