EMC Kimberley, a joint venture between Energy Made Clean and aboriginal corporation Eastern Guruma, won the competitive tender to be the preferred supplier for solar and battery microgrids to two Indigenous communities, Joy Springs and Yakanarra, in the Fitzroy Valley serviced by Marra Worra Worra Aboriginal Corporation. The multi-million-dollar contract is due to commence construction in 2017.
Marra Worra Worra is an Aboriginal owned and run resource center for over 35 Aboriginal Communities in the Fitzroy Valley.
Customer: Marra Worra Worra Aboriginal Corporation
Project Partner: Eastern Guruma Pty Ltd
Location: Fitzroy Valley, Kimberley Region, 2,600km northeast of Perth, Western Australia
Customer: Meta Maya Aboriginal Corporation
Location: Pilbara, Western Australia connected to Horizon Power network
Scope: EMC was engaged to design and construct solar/battery/diesel microgrid to enable grid-defection.
- 100kW Solar PV (carport mounted, CAT-D wind region)
- 110kVA Diesel Generator
- Pre-assembled and pre-commissioned 20ft POD, 64kWh Sony lithium iron phosphate
- EMC fully remote monitored and controls (National Instruments)
- Commissioned in 2015 and <7 year payback
- Trained local Aboriginal community for system O&M